- Anyone is welcome to submit, regardless of their gender or sexuality.
- Don’t worry about providing fandom or genre primers (I’ll have one on the back cover anyway), just fangirl your heart out to people who you know will appreciate it the way you do.
- Art and writing are both welcome – I’m particularly interested in: essays, instructionals (art, tech, hilariously gendered things like cooking and craft), short BL comics and fiction (fan or original, up to 12 pages), website or artist profiles, interviews, original pinups, news and reviews of popular culture anything (games, anime, manga, TV, music, movies, books, toys, zines). Article translations and fanart of upcoming releases are also welcome.
- I also want to include a regular cooking column/bento showcase, so if you make ’em I’d love to see ’em.
- Shota is out thanks to Australian laws (also not my kink). Pretty much anything else goes ratings-wise.
- Black and white/grayscale only unless we’ve discussed otherwise in advance. Your submission will be printed on a black and white laser printer.
300dpi is best for images, but I’ll take anything from 150dpi to 600dpi.
- 10,000 words or less for written pieces, please. Accompanying illustrations are more than welcome and should adhere to the above image guidelines!
- Oneshots are strongly recommended as I now release issues verrrry irregularly.
- JPEG, Photoshop, RTF and Word are preferred formats, though I can open just about anything else.
- Page size is A5 portrait (148 x 210 mm or 5.8 x 8.3 in). No full bleed since I’m too lazy to trim that many books, but if you do try to bleed to the edge you’ll probably lose the outer 5mm (0.2in) of the image to the printer.
- Please include a mugshot of yourself for the contributor page. Your face will blanked out in the final product, so you can blank it out before sending it to me if you wish. If you don’t include a mugshot, Hime-san will represent you instead 🙂
- Ad swaps are REALLY REALLY WELCOME.
- I may edit your text for spelling but I won’t edit it in any other way. I actually do write a lot professionally but you lot never see it apart from my comics work and blogging, so if you ask me to actually act as an editor on your text I can do it! I’ll show it to you before it goes in the zine, of course.
- I may reject submissions based on quality or the fact that you really don’t understand who you’re writing for, neither of which should be likely. Of the four issues I’ve put out, nothing has been rejected so far.
What you get:
- You get one printed contributor copy and a link to the hi-res PDF of the issue you’ve contributed to.
- If you have a website, I’ll be more than happy to link to it from anywhere I can!
- If you want to print and sell copies at your local zine fair or small press event, you are more than welcome to do so. You’ll have to organise and pay for the printing (I hope your printer’s open minded!) but you also get to keep the profits.
- If I still owe you a contributor copy and/or PDF please email me!
Ready to submit?